PhotoBitzz tutorial 20 : Love Birds
In this tutorial you learn how to create a composition using PhotoBitzz in combination with Adobe Photoshop. For experienced Photoshop users.
- Start photoshop and open the file 'glastonbury.jpg' from the PhotoBitzz library (by default located in c:\Program Files\DBSoft\PhotoBitzz\Library\Backgrounds).
- Select the custom shape tool and draw a heart shape in a new layer.
- Rotate the heart and add perspective (Edit-transform-perspective).
- Apply a black & white gradient overlay to the hear shape. The image should look like the example.
- Delete the background layer, only keeping the heart layer. Save this as a .png file (heart.png).
- Find a good image of a flock of birds. A good stockphoto is:
- Using Photoshop cut out about 10 different bird shapes and save them as .png files (with a transparent background).
- Start PhotoBitzz.
- In the Composition ribbon select New - use existing image as background.
- Select the Glastonbury background from the library.
- Switch to the Bitzz tab in the ribbon menu and press "Bitzz".
- Press "Add files" : Add the png files with the bird shapes.
- Modify the following properties:
- variations: 100
- resize between 20 and 60 pixels
- border chance of occurence: 0%
- Rotate : between -45 and 45 degrees
- Flip : chance of occurence : 30%, disable 'flip vertically' (we don't want birds flying upside down).
- Press "OK".
- Press "Region".
- In the Region form, press "File" and open heart shape png file.
- Add a few random small black dots.
- Press "Save region".
- Press "render options"
- Change number of bitzz to render to 5000
- Press "Render" to render the current layer.
- Change render options and render again as many times as needed until you find the composition satisfying.
Your composition is ready.
Back to Tutorials Index.
Find us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook to stay up to date ! Download extra content for use with PhotoBitzz or share your own creations with the world